First look: 2024 Husqvarna FC 250 and FC 450 Rockstar Edition – Brembo brakes on these beauties
Husqvarna Motorcycles has unveiled their 2024 higher-spec, factory race team inspired FC 250 and FC 450 Rockstar Editions with the new smartphone adjustable engine control unit and Brembo brakes as standard.
The 2024 Rockstar Editions from Husqvarna, factory editions by any other name are the established upgrade machines, more money, yes, but more bang for your buck with a list of official accessories added as standard.
As ever, Enduro21 is looking at these with off-road/enduro eyes not MX shades on but it’s a sweet list of parts and there’s nothing really between these bikes and an FX (cross-country) model anyway.
The 2024 Rockstar Edition line-up is 100% bigger with the FC 250 re-joining the FC 450 – although this will depend on which country you live in as parts of Europe for example only get the 450.
The list of Technical Accessories parts which are standard on the Rockstar Editions includes Factory Racing wheels and adjustable triple clamps, sump guard, FMF Racing Factory 4.1 silencer plus the latest Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing graphics plus Brembo hydraulic clutch and brake systems (unlike the enduro models with their Braktec systems, check what we had to say about them here: 5 things: 2024 Husqvarna Enduro range – test ride and talking points).
New Connectivity Unit Offroad (CUO) as standard
The stand-out upgrade feature on these models is the new Connectivity Unit Offroad (CUO), fitted to the fork leg behind the front number plate, and the front-fender-mounted GPS sensor.
Using the Ride Husqvarna Motorcycles app on a smartphone you can choose pre-set engine maps, based on pre-defined track conditions, customise, refine the engine braking, the Launch and Traction Control settings, the sensitivity of the Quickshifter and more.
The app also includes suspension set-up recommendations for different types of track conditions plus the GPS sensor can record and analyse track sessions. We’re pretty keen to try this feature on an enduro test where it could help improve the times.
2024 Rockstar Edition Technical Highlights:
- New Connectivity Unit Offroad (CUO) and GPS
- New Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing graphics
- Revised chromium molybdenum steel frame and rear shock linkage (common across all 2024 models)
- Updated suspension settings lead to optimal balance together with the new frame
- Quickshifter provides seamless upward gear changes
- High performance Brembo hydraulic clutch and brake systems
- Aluminium-polyamide hybrid subframe
- WP XACT 48mm front forks with AER technology
- WP XACT rear shock design with CFD optimised main piston and tool free adjusters
- Multifunctional Map Switch houses the Quickshifter, Traction Control, and Launch Control buttons
- FMF Racing Factory 4.1 silencer
- Factory Racing CNC-machined triple clamps with adjustable offset [20 – 22 mm]
- Factory Racing EXCEL Takasago wheel sets with black anodised CNC machined hubs
- 2K Carbon composite skid plate
- 2K Carbon composite front brake disc guard
- Factory Racing holeshot device
- Soft, grey ODI lock-on grips
- GUTS Factory high grip seat cover
- Premium-quality ProTaper handlebar and bar pad
The 2024 FC 450 Rockstar Edition will retail at £11,449.00 in the UK (prices not known in other countries at time of writing) and will be available in Authorised Husqvarna Motorcycles Dealers in the UK from March 2024. Orders can be placed now.
More information: www.husqvarna-motorcycles.com
Photo Credit: Phillip Platzer