First look: new Husqvarna Norden 901 Expedition Edition
Husqvarna Motorcycles upgrade the Norden 901 with a new Expedition Edition featuring improved off-road suspension and tailored accessories to boost the travel skills of the big Husky Adventure bike.
Maybe it’s because they spent so much time photoshooting in Iceland, or perhaps they’re aiming at the Scandinavian and North of North American markets more, but “exploring colder climates” seems to a theme here as Husqvarna upgrade their standard Norden 901 with this higher-spec model.
Aside from the new graphics for 2023 which we think look pretty damn cool, Husqvarna have added heated grips and rider seat to bring warmth and comfort, plus a new “fatigue reducing” Touring windshield for improved higher speed riding they say.
It’s not all about keeping pinkies and backsides warm on long rides though as the upgrades include new 240mm travel WP XPLOR (as fitted to enduro models), fully adjustable front and rear suspension to help with the off-road and dirt riding potential.
A list of Husqvarna Motorcycles’ Technical Accessories are also fitted as standard including a substantial sump guard helping make the ‘Expedition Edition’ the more capable and adventurous younger brother in the Husky ADV camp.
Climbing ropes are an optional extra...
A Side Bag Set with 36 litres of storage capacity is standard fitment luggage solution integrated with the bodywork plus a centre stand, engine guard and Connectivity Unit are fitted as standard to enhance your adventure riding.
All of this sits on top of a proven steel trellis frame uses the 889cc parallel-twin engine producing near one-to-one power and torque ratios (105hp and 100Nm claimed respectively).
As ever, you can add more with Ride Husqvarna Motorcycles app installed onto a smartphone, linking your device to your bike’s Connectivity Unit via Bluetooth. You can use downloadable maps, Turn-by-Turn+ navigation, make calls and view real-time traffic information. Music selection and volume can also be controlled safely while riding via the handlebar-mounted buttons.
New Norden 901 Expedition Edition Technical highlights:
- WP XPLOR suspension offers longer travel (240mm) and full adjustability
- Heated grips and rider seat for cold weather comfort
- Touring Windshield for reduced fatigue on extended rides
- Side Bag Set offers convenient storage
- Centre Stand for easier maintenance
- Heavy duty Skid Plate for complete protection of tank and engine
- Connectivity Unit provides Turn-by-Turn+ navigation, Call-In, Call-Out, and music selection from the rider’s smartphone
- Ride Husqvarna Motorcycles app available from Apple AppStore and Google Playstore
- Chromium-molybdenum steel trellis frame with engine as stressed member
- 889 cc parallel-twin engine with 105hp peak power and 100Nm of torque (claimed)
- Four selectable ride modes (Street, Rain, Offroad, Explorer)
- Cutting-edge, switchable cornering ABS with Offroad mode
- Easy Shift function
- Cornering-sensitive traction control allows for nine levels of adjustable rear wheel slip (in Explorer mode)
- Power Assist Slipper Clutch (PASC)
- Tubeless spoked wheels in offroad dimensions and Pirelli Scorpion Rally STR tyres for maximum performance on the street and offroad
- Large capacity 19-litre (5 gallon) fuel tank for range of up to 400km
Husqvarna Motorcycles say the 2023 Norden 901 Expedition is available in authorised dealers from mid-March and available to order now, retailing at £13,599.00 OTR (price not known in North American at time of writing).
More information: www.husqvarna-motorcycles.com