First look: New FOX V3 RS off-road helmet – going big on the tech features
First look at the new FOX V3 RS, “race spec” off-road helmet designed to protect your skull and brain with latest Mips systems and “enhance your race day experience” with a long list of technical features.
As the first pro-level off-road helmet to
Developed in motocross and supercross with Tim Gasjer and Adam Cianciarulo it features the latest Mips system which helps reduce rotational forces to the brain in the event of a crash.
The long list of features are designed look after your skull, meeting both DOT and ECE22.06 standards, plus improve the user experience with neat design touches you just don’t see on lower spec (and price point) helmets. Those include a light carbon fibre shell, spare visors for different ridign conditions, drink mouth piece compatibility, moisture-wicking liner, different cheek pads and a helmet bag.
FOX V3 RS technical highlights:
- Mips Integra Split impact protection system combines two layers of EPS and is designed to reduce rotational forces in a crash
- Carbon fibre shell provides increased impact resistance while reducing weight
- Four exhaust vents on the top of the helmet strategically placed to aid in cooling
- Three-position breakaway visor with custom anodised hardware
- MDEPS EPS liner is meant to provide protection by spreading the forces of impact across a wider surface area
- Proprietary Eject compatible cheek pad removal system
- Eject system compatible
- Ionic+ moisture-wicking liner and cheek pads with crushed jade Stone Cold® material for added cooling benefits
- Speaker recess compartments are compatible with most helmet communication systems
- Hydration routing system allows you to hydrate while on the move
- Carbon Fibre D-ring fastener
- Each helmet includes a spare visor, mud visor, mud visor foam, clip-on visor extension, spare visor hardware, hydration-compatible mouthpiece, and spare cheek pads in both thick and thin options for a customizable fit
- Meets DOT and ECE22.06 standards
- 60% carbon, 30% EPS, 10% EPP
- Size medium product weight is 1270g +/- 50g
- Available in adult sizes (XS – XXL)
- Five shell and five EPS sizes provide a precise fit
More information and pricing in your country: www.foxracing.ie