EnduroGP of Slovakia results: Freeman fastest in Friday Super Test
Results from the Friday night Super Test at round five of the 2022 EnduroGP World Championship in Slovakia where Brad Freeman is back with a bang, setting the fastest time overall in the Gelnica Stadium ahead of championship leader Andrea Verona and Steve Holcombe third.
2022 EnduroGP of Slovakia Super Test in a nutshell:
- Pre-event we’d been pointing at the Beta boys coming back to their best for this second half of the 2022 season and Brad Freeman was true to the word. His 1:31.78 was a second and a half clear of EnduroGP Gold plate holder Andrea Verona in second as the weekend got going in spectacular style.
- Steve Holcombe was third overall and fastest in E2 class with Thomas Oldrati and Josep Garcia rounding out the top five overall.
- A crash for the winner of the last GP, Nathan Watson, saw him outside the top 30 and over 20 seconds behind already.
- The Juniors can usually be relied upon for some of the fastest times of all and Zach Pichon delivered. His time of 1:34.16 was good enough for P4 overall…
- Alejandro posted his best Super Test result of the year, keeping it between the tapes two seconds adrift of the championship leader Pichon.
- The Youth classes buzzed round in their usual frenzy of two-stroke blue smoke (this might be the best bit!) with French rider Leo Joyon narrowly hitting the fastest time through the timing beams. His 1:39.9 just pipped the Spanish Armada of Albert Fontova and Alesx Puy by fractions. Championship leader Harry Edmondson went sixth fastest three seconds back.
- Eastern European riders are here in big numbers in the Open classes (2T, 4T and Seniors) and it was no surprise to see them dominant in the Super Test. Polish rider Maciej Wieckowski set the benchmark of 1:42.48 just a tenth ahead of Norbert Zsigovits.
GP of Slovakia Super Test results – scratch:
Photo Credit: Future7Media | Nicki Martinez