EnduroGP Results: Cavallo on top in Italian Supertest
Results feed from the Friday Supertest at round two of the 2020 EnduroGP World Championship in Italy where Matteo Cavallo stole the show with the fastest overall time.
2020 Italian GP Supertest in a nutshell:
- The Italian GP sparked into life in the heart of the host town Spoleto where the fans and community hosting the event could see it – this was classic Italian enduro.
- As ever the Friday Supertest is just one test of many but it can often set a benchmark for the weekend and in Italy it was Italian Matteo Cavallo who put his Sherco on top of the time sheets.
- Loic Larrieu looked smooth bringing his TM home just 0.41s behind and Jaume Betriu again showed he was up for it on the big 500 KTM in P3.
- Thomas Oldrati was his usual committed self in fourth ahead of Bradley Freeman and Andrea Verona who posted precisely the same times in fifth place.
- The EnduroGP red plate holder Steve Holcombe meanwhile was six seconds off the pace in 18th place after a mistake on his run.
- Ruy Barbosa repeated his Supertest performance in the Juniors from round one with another timesheet topping run but the Chilean didn’t quite have such a clear advantage as he had in France. Hamish Macdonald was just 0.21s back in P2 and Wil Ruprecht a near identical 0.22s behind in third.
- Speaking of identical, Sergio Navarro romped to the Youth 125 class fastest time two seconds clear of Nathan Bererd with his twin brother Alejandro in third.
- Portuguese rider Goncalo Reis went fastest overall in the Open class categories ahead of Italian Alessio Paoli.
2020 Italian EnduroGP Supertest results:
Photo Credit: Enduro21 | Andrea Belluschi + Mastorgne