Quick look: 2024 Husqvarna Norden 901
Husqvarna Motorcycles have announced updates to the Norden 901 adventure bike for 2024 with new, 10-level traction control plus a USB port for your plug-in accessories.
Dressed in new grey and yellow graphics for 2024, Husqvarna’s big adventure model the Norden 901 gets a fresh look for its new model year.
Fundamentally it is the same package with the proven 889cc parallel-twin engine in a steel trellis frame with WP APEX suspension and a heap of components aimed at making this an all-round, all-road traveller of hte highest order.
Husqvarna have focused attention on the lean-angle sensitive, Cornering Motorcycle Traction Control (CMTC) system for the ’24 bike. It now features 10 different levels of rear wheel slip control which can be selected when the optional extra Explorer Mode is engaged.
They claim that’ll give riders a setting to suit all abilities from complete electronic control to power-slides all day at the other end of the scale.
Other new features include a USB port in the cockpit for plugging in your gadgets and new hazard warning lights, which they say can be quickly switched on in the event of an emergency (although, surely, that’s the case with all hazard warning lights and didn’t it have hazards anyway?).
2024 Husqvarna Norden 901 technical highlights:
- New grey and yellow graphics create a distinctive appearance
- Revised Cornering sensitive Traction Control allows for 10 levels of adjustable rear wheel slip with optional Explorer Mode engaged
- New USB port on the left side of the dashboard
- New Hazard Warning system
- Bosch Cornering ABS
- Chromium-molybdenum steel frame with engine as stressed member
- 889 cc parallel-twin engine with class-leading power and torque
- Adjustable WP APEX suspension provides exceptional comfort both on-road and off
- Four selectable ride modes (Street, Rain, Offroad, optional Explorer)
- Ride-by-wire throttle with adjustable response (in Explorer mode)
- Standard Easy Shift function (up and down Quickshifter)
- PASC Slipper clutch
- Tubeless spoked wheels with Pirelli Scorpion Rally STR tires for balanced performance on and offroad
- Large capacity, five-gallon (19-liter) fuel tank provides extended range
- Optional Connectivity Unit provides TbT+ navigation, telephone calls in/out and music selection from the rider’s smartphone
The Husqvarna Motorcycles Functional Apparel Collection comprises riding gear designed specifically for adventure riding in all seasons and complements the 901.
Similarly the Husqvarna Technical Accessories catalogue features multiple luggage solutions and components to personalise and upgrade your Norden.
Husqvarna Motorcycles’ say the 2024 Norden 901 will be available from winter ’23 onwards at authorised Husqvarna Motorcycles dealers.
More information: www.husqvarna-motorcycles.com