Results feed: ISDE 2019 Day 4 – Aussie Women out, USA retain World Trophy Lead
Results feed from day four of the 2019 International Six Days Enduro – a day of retirements for Australian Women, French and British Juniors while Team USA hold the World trophy lead.
Day four of ISDE 2019 in a nutshell:
- A day of retirements first saw Theo Espinasse’s Sherco expire on test two only for Matteo Cavallo’s Sherco to suffer the same fate on test three – Espinasses’ retirement ends the French Junior Trophy Team challenge.
- The same fait befell Team GB Juniors whose star performer this week, Dan Mundell, crashed and dislocated a thumb, ruling himself and the team out.
- Test two also spelled the end of the road for the Australian Women’s Trophy Team after Tayla Jones crashed heavily, hitting her head. Tayla carried on but was forced to retire with concussion. Having already lost Mackenzie Tricker this puts the defending and six times ISDE champions out of the race in Portugal.
- Although Brandy Richards had a tougher day today, and loses time overall in the Women's scratch times, the Team USA Women continue to lead and, barring disaster, should have this sewn-up with a 13 minute advantage. Team GB now sit second, three minutes ahead of Germany.
- The Australian Juniors, spearheaded by the flying Lyndon Snodgrass, pulled another four minutes to lead America by just short of nine minutes.
- Up front the fastest two riders remain Josep Garcia and Daniel Sanders who continued to trade test wins – today’s match ended Spain three, Australia four.
- The World Trophy contest remains more or less fixed with Team USA holding a 1m27s lead over Australia.
World Trophy, day 4:
Category 1 (Scratch overall E1, E2, E3 classes), day 4:
Junior Trophy, day 4:
Women’s World Trophy day 4:
Category 2, Women’s individual scratch results, day 4:
Category 3, Club Team results, day 4:
Vintage Class, (day 1) scratch results:
Photo Credit: Future7Media/Andrea Belluschi