First look: new KTM STACYC e-powered balance bikes for kids
KTM announce two new e-bike Factory Replica STACYC models, the 12eDRIVE and 16eDRIVE – e-powered balance bikes aiming to get the kids on the gas even earlier.
Kids these days, eh? They don’t know they’re born with bikes which fit them, function and make learning the feel of holding handlebars, the thrill of wheels under them and how to balance so nice and easy. Things just got even better for the young ones with two new e-bikes available from KTM dealers which bring adjustable and accessible e-power with a new STACYC balance bike range.
Two model sizes
KTM's new Factory Replica STACYC 12eDRIVE is aimed at the youngest new riders, typically between 3 - 5 years of age they say. It has 12” wheels with pneumatic tyres and a low 33cm seat height, with the options to learn to push or coast before graduating to the 3-level powered mode. It weighs less than 8kg, boasts an aluminium frame and BMX style forks.
The 16eDRIVE is for slightly taller riders with an age range of 4 - 8 years. The bike has a motor that is slightly more powerful than its smaller brother too and is fitted with larger 16” wheels which means a taller 43cm seat height.
Both models offer quick charging and roughly 30 - 60 minutes of run-time and are clearly aimed as the first actual steps to powered bike riding with KTM’s awesome SX-E 5, electric powered off-roader being the next natural step afterwards.
KTM STACYC 12e and 16e model highlights:
- Sturdy, lightweight aluminium frame is easy to pick up and handle
- Three progressive power modes
- Safe, thermally protected 20V battery
- 30-60 mins run time and 45-60 mins charging time
- 33cm and 43cm seat heights
- Age ranges from 3-to-8 years
- Steel, BMX-style forks, BMX-styled chain and freewheel
- Multi-functional throttle with ride mode display and battery level
- Race-Replica aesthetic with tapered footrests and ergonomics
KTM FACTORY REPLICA STACYC 12eDRIVE and 16eDRIVE electric balance bikes are available at authorized KTM dealers from February, 2021 onwards.
More information: www.KTM.com